We have a selection of Buy to let property, with tenants already in occupation with an assured shorthold contract.
Why buy a property without a tenant?
We also have Buy to Let mortgages available, s.t.s.
If you are thinking about buying an investment property to let out, then see our advice pages on buy to let. We have been in the UK property sales business for over 20 years and have been letting property for over 15 years.
We offer a selection of properties, occupied and unoccupied, that are suitable for rental purposes. Any of the currently tenanted properties are let on an assured shorthold tenancy agreement.
This large luxury home is for rent and is within easy commute of London (by rail from Huntingdon station) or for Cambridge. USAF personnel may be interested as this luxury letting is an easy drive for both RAF Molesworth and Alconbury.
The house is flexible, in style, with an attached complete one bedroom annexe, 4 main bedrooms, a heated outdoor pool which has a sunny aspect, and is well screened from neighbours. Other outdoor buildings include a large workshop, a sauna, a triple garage and 2 covered parking areas.
This luxury property to let, is set down a discreet lane and within a popular village with a pub and a local shop. The river Great Ouse is a short stroll away.The whole parking area can be made private as there are gates.
£2,500 per month. Available NOW
Luxury lettings like this are so rare in the Huntingdon area, so we expect this home to let very quickly. Full details and more photographs are available here. Please contact us on 01480 433933 (0044 1480 433933 if abroad) for more information, or to arrange a viewing. Alternatively, use the form below:
Free valuations for landlords of residential properties
* NO FEES’S until a tenant has been found
* Full Management Service or Tenant Finding Only Service available
* Extensive database of waiting tenants including professionals
* Extensive tenant referencing by an independent company
* Rent Guarantee & Legal cover
* Legally approved assured shorthold tenancy agreements
* Collection and payment of rent into your bank account
* Extensive pre-tenancy inventory prepared
* Regular property inspections with reports for landlords
* All aspects of maintenance provided
* Transferral of utilities accounts
* Tenant Deposit Scheme certified
* Member of the Guild of Letting & Management
To arrange a valuation, please contact us here:
Home ownership drops to lowest for 20 years
This could be the time to buy a property to rent out. The housing trend seems to be heading towards a nation of property renters. There’s still plenty of buy-to-let schemes available with resale homes looking more attractive to potential landlords at the moment.
UK home ownership has dropped to the lowest level for 20 years. A Government report by the British Property Federation has just revealed that just 67.9% of English households owned their home. This is the lowest figure since 1991.
The Private Rented Sector, though, has shown an increase of about a third, up by about 1 million households to 3.1 million in 2008-9, from 2.1 million in 2000. Privately rented homes have accounted for nearly all household growth over the past decade.
It would appear that the trend in British housing is heading in the direction of the European and American markets, where there will be more renters than homeowners.
Professional property management companies are already in big demand and this trend is likely to attract new players into this profession. However, when deciding on which company will manage your burgeoning property portfolio, do some careful research.
The length of time that a property management company has been in business is a good indicator. Word-of-mouth is a powerful weapon in the consumer’s armoury. No letting agent will be able to stand much negative chatter in this digital age.
Ask how regularly they check the property on your behalf. If you believe the agent doesn’t have enough staff to regularly inspect all of their managed properties, then walk away. It’s unlikely that any defects in your property, or any breaches of tenancy occupation, will be picked up from their office.
Gatehouse Estates Property Management offer a professional management service and have just launched a Buy-to-Let service with advice on buying a property to let out, together with advice on how to seek out the best funding deals.
Gatehouse Estates Property Management can be reached in their Godmanchester office on 01480 433933. Please ask for Helen Powell, General manager. www.gatehouserental.co.uk
If you’re interested in buying a buy-to-let property, please visit our specialist buy-to-let site, where you can view properties for sale with tenants installed. All of these tenants are in the properties under an annual Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreememnt. www.gatehouseestates.co.uk
Landlords… Feel like you’ve just done five rounds in the ring?
If you’re struggling to talk to your letting agent, why not take a fresh look at Property management agents in the Huntingdon, Godmanchester, St Neots and Bedford areas?
News has reached us that a two property letting agencies in Huntingdon and Bedford have closed their doors and that both tenants and landlords have been left to their own devices.
For these landlords, Gatehouse Estates will offer a special managed arrangement.
- we will help to smooth over the transition period, by overseeing your contractual obligations with the current tenants. A discounted management fee is available for this.
- we will create new tenancy contracts if required
- we will offer a rent collection service for landlords who prefer to remain separate from their tenants
- we can assist with any queries you may with regard to the current contract where you no longer hold a deposit
All of this is available, in addition to our standard services which include:
- full tenant deposit protection
- regular property inspections.
In the first instance, please call Helen Powell, General Manager, on 01480 433933. Email Helen here
The new UK Government boiler scrappage scheme has just been launched, giving people £400 off the price of a new boiler.
The aim is to give 125,000 homes greener heating. While this announcement was made in the Chancellor’s pre-budget report, the take-up on the scheme seems to have been low so far. This is probably because most people are still either suspicious, or confused by the offer. Suspicious, as they assume they will have to buy an expensive boiler to ge the £400 off, or confused by similar offers made by large suppliers to match the offer, giving £800 off.
The government alleges that the carbon saving from this scheme could be as much as taking 45,000 cars off the road and could save the average hosehold about £235 a year.
But, as landlords, you’re probably more interested in seizing this opportunity to upgrade your property at the lowest price.
- your property must have a working boiler and it must be of the lowest G rating.
- The old boilers must be replaced with a high efficiency A-rated boiler, or a renewable heating system like biomass boilers, or heat pumps
- Only home owners, or landlords, who privately rent out homes qualify
- The price of a high efficiency boiler is about £2,500
Is my boiler G Rated?
The Energy saving Trust has stated that a boiler is likely to be G Rated if:
- it has a permaent pilot light
- it is gas fired and over 15 years old
- it is oil fired and over 25 years old
Get a free quote: If your property has a G rated boiler, Gatehouse Estates will:
- Appoint at least 2 boiler fitters to provide a competitive quotation in writing
- we will then apply to the Energy Saving Trust (EST) with your details and the details on the old boiler together with specification of the proposed replacement
- Once you/ we receive a cash back voucher from the EST, we can then instruct the Bolier Fitter on your behalf.
- The boiler fitter must be paid in full and the voucher can then be sent to the EST, together with the invoice for the boiler. The EST will then send the refund.
When will the vouchers be issued?
The £400 vouchers will be issued from 18 January 2010. You will receive the voucher approximately ten days after application. Vouchers are valid for 12 weeks from date of issue. If the voucher is not redeemed within this time, it will be cancelled and reallocated. There will be only one voucher per household, but if the voucher expires, it will be possible to apply for another if funds are available. Installations made before receipt of your voucher will invalidate your claim and you will no longer be eligible to receive the £400 rebate.
Please note that no vouchers will be sent out before 18. January 2010.
If Gatehouse Estates currently manage your property, we may be able to help you with stage payments for the new boiler. Please email Helen here to discuss.
If you’d like us to organise quotes for new boiler under the boiler scrappage scheme, please use the form below and we’ll get straight back to you.
There are few estate agents in Godmanchester, close to Huntingdon. But, Gatehouse Estates have occupied a position next to the river for almost 21 years. For most of this time, the office was predominently an estate agency just selling houses.
Just over 2 years ago, Gatehouse “Rental” took the corner office and have never looked back. Both landlords and tenants find the office easy to find and parking is free. ” Since moving to our Godmanchester office, we have doubled the number of managed properties” says Helen Powell, General Manager. “We have the administrative capacity for another 100 properties with the current staff levels, so we welcome any more landlords looking for tenants”
The office is located on the corner of The Causeway (by the river) at number 63 Cambridge street. 01480 433933.
To view a selection of properties available visit www.gatehouserental.co.uk